Today I'd like to welcome fellow Crimson Romance author HEATHER THURMEIER to my blog.
I first met Heather via #chicklitchat on Twitter and she's lovely!
Heather, over to you!
Reality TV: Why I Love It!
I’m a lover of reality TV. Always have been and probably always will be. I know there are some people out there who hate reality TV, but I think they’re crazy. Just kidding. I think you’re all wonderful! But I’ll never understand the appeal of medical or cop dramas. It’s just not my thing. It’s too dark for my evening viewing pleasure. So why do I like reality TV?
1. The drama! Oh my goodness. These contestants make drama in all shapes, sizes and forms and on every single episode. You never know what you’re going to see, but it’s always entertaining!
2. It’s lighthearted! I don’t have to worry about watching something dark and disturbing right before bed if I turn on a reality show. About as deep and dark as it gets is if an alliance member gets caught fraternizing with the opposition.
3. People watching! I’m one of those people who are always watching the way people act or talk or dress or whatever. It’s not that I’m judging them in any way. I could really care less how any one likes to be/do. But I’m always gathering little bits of information to use as reference later on. Watching a reality show is like getting to eavesdrop on people from the comfort of my own couch.
4. For the romance! I know, you’re thinking I’m talking about shows like Bachelor/Bachelorette, and I am! But I’m also talking about almost every other kind of reality TV show too. So many of them put the contestants into such close quarters for the duration of the show that they are bound to get a little… naughty… while they’re there. I mean really, how can you put a bunch of hunky men and beautiful women together into the same living environment and not expect them to hook up. It’s inevitable. And I love to see if any of those showmances will actually last because once in a while they do!
5. For the research, of course! My love for reality TV led to writing a new series of reality TV romances. Now instead of only watching the show for enjoyment, I’m also watching for research purposes… or at least that’s what I tell my husband! I take note of the contestants, the situations they put themselves in, the challenges they have to compete in and the twists and turns each show takes over the course of a season. And all just so my reality TV romances will feel authentic to my readers. It’s a tough job, but I do it for my readers… ;)
What’s your favorite reason to watch reality TV?
Happy reality TV viewing… and reading!
"Heather Thurmeier writes sweet, funny romances that capture your heart!" --New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jennifer Probst
"Heather Thurmeier's hunky heroes and feisty heroines will have you laughing out loud, falling in love . . . and coming back for more!" --Carly Phillips, New York Times bestselling author
FALLING FOR YOU is the first in my reality TV series and is now available at Amazon, B&N and iTunes.
Newly single Cassidy Quinn is thrilled to be a contestant on the new reality dating show The One. But her excitement turns to horror when the gorgeous bachelor turns out to be her ex-boyfriend. Seeing Brad again makes Cassidy realize she might not be as “over him” as she thought—and then she meets hunky cameraman Evan Burke.
After watching his brother lose his wife in a tragic accident, Evan vows never to fall in love. But following Cassidy around as her personal cameraman makes him question his decision, and resisting her gets harder with every sunbathing, bikini-wearing day.
Cassidy and Evan begin a forbidden affair while her ex-boyfriend tries to win her heart back one groping, awkward moment at a time. If Cassidy can manage to stop falling off horses (literally), stop falling onto her ex-boyfriend, the bachelor (yes, literally), and stop falling in love with backstage playboy Evan, she might still make it through the show without becoming a tabloid sensation.
But soon Cassidy must choose between the ex who broke her heart and the cameraman who might never love her back. For Cassidy, this reality show just got real.